soupMay 1, 2021
Prep time: 45 min.
Cook time: 90 min.
- Olive oil, 1 tbs.
- Ground turkey, 2 lbs.
- Onions, 2 chopped
- Garlic, 4 cloves chopped
- Green or red pepper, 1 chopped
- Celery, 1 cup chopped
- Carrots, 4 chopped
- Oregano, 1 tbs.
- Bay leaves, 2
- Chili powder, 3 tbs.
- Cumin, 2 tsp.
- Canned diced tomatoes, 28 oz.
- Chicken broth, 2 cups
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red kidney beans, 2 15 oz. cans drained
- Jalapeno peppers, 1/4 cup sliced
- Frozen corn, 1-2 cups
- Cheese, shredded for serving (Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar)
- Sour cream, for serving
- Large pot
- Thaw ground turkey
- Grate cheese
- Chop onions
- Chop garlic
- Chop bell pepper
- Chop celery
- Chop carrots
Over high heat, cook oil and ground turkey until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, and carrots.
Add oregano, bay leaves, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add beans, jalapeno peppers, and corn.
Stir and cook for at least 10 more minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.